Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sew Much to Learn!

Hello family & friends!
Drew and I have decided to use this blog to chronicle our adventures as newlyweds (mine crafty his probably more related to hunting and/or fishing). We hope that you enjoy our stories :) 

As some of you may know, I have recently embraced craftiness and have a laundry list of craft projects on my to-do list for the summer. Once Drew introduced me to craftgawker I was obsessed! I finished up a few projects (with the help of Drew who is much better at executing my ideas than myself); however, my newest adventure is going to be sewing! Keep in mind I haven't even sat in front of a sewing machine since my days of creating Beanie Baby sleeping bags as a kid. This should be an interesting adventure to say the least. 
I have inherited my Nannie's Singer Touch & Sew Deluxe Zig-Zag Sewing Machine. I hope I can make her proud by putting it to good use.



I read through the instruction guide (copyrighted 1964) and just practiced sewing straight lines back and forth...








I've done a little research on local sewing classes and have added it to my summer to-do list! Here's hoping for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment