Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Party People

Hiii! This weekend was full of Valentine's shenanigans. I used to kind of hate Valentine's Day, but it has a whole new meaning with a kid! I have decorated and crafted my little heart out. As I mentioned in a previous post, I searched high and low on what to do as Valentine's gifts this year. I showed a little preview of what I decided to make for Hudson's class, but my friend Bethany hosted a kids Valentine's party at her house this past Saturday so I needed another idea! After pouring over my favorite blogs, I decided to straight up copy the girl in the red shoes' dinosaur cards. They turned out so stinkin' cute! I just printed them off and backed them with some chevron paper and regular red scrapbook paper. I found some cute dinosaur stickers at Hobby Lobby and attached those with bakers twine and called it a day!

 
Then, I let Hudson "decorate" the backs of the cards with stickers and foam hearts.
 
I thought they turned out pretty cute! It look a lot of self control not to neatly place the stickers on the cards [OCD habits die hard].


 
We went to dinner at the Warren's house on Wednesday and Bethany offered to let Hudson and I go ahead and do the craft she had scheduled for the party. Hudson is always less than happy to have his hands and feet dipped in paint. I figured if I tried to mix his attitude toward crafts + 18 other kids it would've equaled disaster and probably tears from me. They're absolutely adorable!
 
I cannot believe that I didn't take a SINGLE picture at the party :( Everything was so cute [of course] and Hudson had a blast playing and making homemade heart pizzas. I spent the entire time chasing him around, per usual.
 
In other Valentine's related news, my mom has discovered how to make toddler neckties and whipped up one for Hudson to wear to school on Friday! I'm so thankful for a mom that loves to sew  and can't wait for him to debut them :)
 
 
So, I promise I'm nearing the end of my Valentine's ramblings (on to St. Patricks Day & Easter!)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment