Friday, January 24, 2014

5 on Friday

Happy Friday! Whoop whoop! Here are a few things on my mind on this chilly day.



{one} I'm in full on Valentine's planning mode. I've been stalking Pinterest to find the BEST Valentine's cards for Hudson's class. I want to do something non-candy, non-plasticity junk + totally cute. I've narrowed it down to a few, but I saw this post yesterday on Ten June and I think I have found the winner! Hudson loves squeezable fruit pouches, so I think they're a perfect fit!



{two} It's no secret that we have 92349132 toys floating around our house. Drew is always complaining that Hud's toys should be contained to one room and not spread out all over the house. This is so much easier said than done. Especially when you have a kid who loves to make a mess. During my regular blog stalking, I saw this post from the girl in the red shoes where she found a pattern for some adorable storage sacks (tutorial here). I roped my mom into making them (since I don't sew) and she delivered them the next weekend. She made one the original size and then doubled the size of the second bag (which turned out HUGE), but they're going to be great for all of our Mega Blocks and Legos in the future!

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/clift-seeded-glass-table-lamp-base-smoke-gray/?pkey=ctable-floor-lamps&cm_src=table-floor-lamps||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

{three} I've been obsessed with these Clift Glass Table Lamps from Pottery Barn for the past year, but at $170 a pop (for just the base), I really can't justify the purchase. When my mom mentioned she had an old glass wine jug from my grandparent's house, I knew I wanted it! She brought it down last weekend, and I immediately placed it on top of our kitchen cabinets. I've been trying to decorate those beasts since we moved in. They ain't a joke! Maybe eventually I'll feel brave enough to attempt to make it into a lamp. For now, I'm happy with it's current placement.



{four} One of my New Year's Resolutions was to become a better grocery shopper/meal planner (macaroni and cheese and apples, anyone?) The struggle is real. I've always been the kind of grocery shopper who just picks up random things at the store and hopes for the best. With our new budget in place, I'm really trying to make an effort to plan better! It makes for a happier wife and a happier life for my family!


{five} Another New Year's Resolution was to not shop this year (go ahead and laugh). I've hesitated putting it in writing because it makes me more accountable. I've really questioned whether or not I can achieve this goal, so instead of setting myself up for failure, I've decided to modify it a little. My NEW resolution is to wear everything in my closet until I allow myself to buy something new. If I get to an item and don't feel comfortable or don't like the way it looks...to the Goodwill pile it goes. I've become quite a clothes hoarder and it's time for a change!

Happy Friday friends!

3 comments:

  1. My NY Resolution was similar - I'm limiting myself to 30 new wardrobe items in 2014. 30 sounds like a lot… until I realized how many things I am used to buying! I'm going for fewer clothes that mix & match better and higher quality that will last longer. Easier said than done, but here's hoping we both succeed! Good luck!

    Natalie
    oystersandpearls.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably a more reasonable goal than mine Natalie! I agree with mixing & matching though. I have so many "trendy" pieces that I only wear a few times before I'm tired of them! Here's to less is more!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete