Friday, January 31, 2014

five on friday

It's Friday again! This week has gone by relatively fast thanks to a mid-week "snow day" here in south Georgia. Here's what I'm loving this week!
 
{one} Drew was given an entire box of deer antlers so I have been all over Pinterest looking for creative things to do with them. I spent the snow day painting and I also have plans for Drew to make a necklace holder out of a few, but apparently it's a lot harder than it looks :) On a side note, I had no idea that painted deer antlers were selling for $50 and up on etsy! I'm definitely in the wrong business.
 
 
{two} Total mommy fail: I didn't get a single picture of any of the snow/ice/sleet/hail/freezing rain we had. However, I can say I'm so thankful that I wasn't in Atlanta during Snowmageddon. I am also tremendously thankful for God's watchful hand over my dad, grandfather and great grandmother on Tuesday. My great grandmother (99 years old and counting) had a doctor's appointment in Atlanta on Tuesday around lunch time. There were a few snow flurries, nothing serious, but they called the doctor anyway to make sure they were still in the office. After receiving confirmation, they headed off to ATL (about an hour or so drive). By the time they got to the doctor's office, the snow was coming down pretty hard and the office had closed! Although it seemed like a complete waste of a trip at the time, looking back they were so lucky. Even though traffic was heavy on the way back to Monroe (it took them about twice as long to get home as it should), if they would've seen the doctor and been any later getting on the road, I fear they could havebeen some of the thousands stranded in their cars overnight.
 
 {three} I changed my mind (again) on what to do for Hudson's class valentines. Here's a preview of what I think I'm going to do :)
 
via
{four} In my constant quest to organize, my next project is our pantry. Drew swears I just close my eyes and throw groceries onto the shelves and hope for the best. Although, I will say it's a gamble every time you open the door whether or not you'll get hit with something. In my dreams, my pantry would look like this.
 
 {five} I absolutely love the amazing speech therapy resources at my fingertips thanks to some awesome SLP blogs. I feel like my therapy sessions are much more engaging and creative (because we all know I struggle in that department). I've gotten some awesome Valentine's Day materials printed and ready to go for my kiddos.

Have a great weekend, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment