Monday, January 27, 2014

House Updates

Hi Friends!
  We had the most amazingly boring weekend imaginable at the Hall House. Friday night we had pizza and went to bed early and Saturday was full of projects around the house.

We made a trip to Lowe's for caulk and spray paint and Drew got to work! Our master shower has needed to be re-caulked since we moved in, and we finally got around to it this weekend. There aren't any before and after pictures, but trust, it looks so much better! I also convinced Drew to spray paint the silver towel holders in our bathroom. He painted them oil rubbed bronze to match the door knobs and tp holder. We're slowly but surely making improvements. Next up is the light fixture!

I'm also in the s-l-o-w process of painting the grout in our kitchen. Before we moved in (and when I was 39 weeks pregnant), I tried EVERY remedy I could find on Pinterest to clean our grout. Some worked better than others, but bottom line, the grout was stained...and some parts stained darker than others so it constantly looks dirty (which you know I can't stand). I read about a "grout paint" on Young House Love and thought for $10 it was worth a try. I started with a tiny section in the laundry room in case it was a disaster. We're pretty pleased with how it's looking. I'll definitely post pictures soon! But, like I said, it is going to be a slow, slow process doing one section at a time.

In Hudson updates...everyone knows he's always loved us reading to him, but this weekend we found him more than once sitting in a chair reading to himself. It's precious!
 
He has also recently taken to snuggling under blankets, which I love!
 
 
 
Have a Happy Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment