Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lazy Weekend Part 2

So, you remember last Monday when I recapped our extremely uneventful weekend? Well,  I could pretty much copy and paste that post and it would fit this past weekend too. No complaints here though. There is nothing I have grown to love more than doing nothing. Of course when you have a baby, "doing nothing" really means feeding, changing, entertaining...you get the picture.

Thursdays are our standing dinner night with the Warrens, and this past week it was my turn to cook. I figured I'd give the crock pot a chance to redeem itself from my disastrous attempt at cilantro lime tacos a few weeks ago. Well, let's just say my affinity for the crock pot is o.v.e.r. I pulled out a recipe that my mom had given me for pork chops. I figured since it wasn't some Pinterest recipe, surely I could pull off some crock pot pork chops that had been tested through my mom's kitchen. I was wrong. They were dry, and burned and yuck. So, naturally, we called Paulie's and ordered a pizza. And it was delicious.

On Saturday, the Warrens came over again with their pool in tow. It was a beautiful afternoon, so we thought the boys would enjoy playing in the water. We filled it up with water from the hose and it was a little chilly, so we added some hot water until we thought it was bearable :) Hudson LOVED it. He splashed and crawled and laughed. K and G? Not so much at first. After they were eased into it, they came around and played for a while!

Sunday was, once again, designated "nap day." No complaints here though. I take naps whenever I can! We also played a little music. Hud loves to bang the drum sticks!


Yesterday was Hudson's 9 month well check. Where have the past 9 months gone?! He weighed 19 lb 4 oz and was 28 inches long...and he still has a big head.

And I'll leave you with a doctor's office selfie :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Hudson is throwing up a peace sign in the last one... Love it!

    ReplyDelete