Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad

If anyone took a look at my "deliciousness" Pinterest board, you'd think I loved to cook. In reality, I just love to look at pictures of food. However, I am sick and tired of eating turkey sandwiches for lunch everyday and when I ran across this yummy recipe while perusing Pinterest, I figured I'd give it a shot. I had Drew cook up the chicken for me (those who know me know I have an aversion to touching raw meat) and I simply mixed in the avocado, onion, cilantro, and lime. It definitely didn't disappoint! I didn't snap a picture because, frankly, mine wasn't nearly as pretty as the one on the website. But, take my word for it, it was delicious!

In other cooking news, I guess my success with the chicken salad led me to believe I was a killer chef and could whip up any of my Pinterest recipes. So, last night I decided to try a crock pot recipe for cilantro lime chicken tacos (since I already had the ingredients). I even prepped the crock pot before leaving for work, sure that we would have a fabulous meal waiting when I got home. My feelings of being Super-Mom quickly faded when I walked in the door. O.M.G. I knew it was bad news. I peeked into the crock pot and saw black. All black. I peeled the chicken out and this is what we were left with...
Looks appetizing, huh? I'm almost embarassed to post this. I suppose this incident put me back in my place as a "chef." Better luck next time :) And, no, we did NOT eat this!

No comments:

Post a Comment